CoHort Software |
CoPlot can auto-record your actions in simple macros,
or you can program sophisticated macros with the
macro programming language.
Macro Features -
- Macro : Play lets you specify how many times
you want to play a macro.
- You can assign macros to buttons
on the macro toolbar, which can be made to appear
right below the regular toolbar.
- The Java-like syntax is easy for programmers familiar with
C, C++, Java, Fortran, Basic, or Pascal to learn.
- The macro language is a real language.
It supports variables with different data types,
Java/C-style operators (+, -, *, /, |, ^, = =, =, +=, etc.)
with standard operator precedence,
control structures (if, else, do, do...while, for),
functions (including lots of built-in functions),
- The built-in compiler gives useful error messages
(in the unlikely event you will ever need them ;-) ).
- CoPlot can play macros one command at a time in order
to help you debug them.
Examples of Uses for Macros -
- Assign frequently used processes to a button on the macro button bar.
- Menus and dialog boxes are fine for normal program use. But
if there are things that you do frequently, you can save a lot of
time by recording a macro and assigning the macro to a button on
the button bar. Then, a whole series of actions can be reduced to
clicking a single button.
This is a great way to customize the program.
- In CoPlot, make a macro to change a series of drawings.
- Sometime, you may need to make the same changes to a series
of drawings (for example, using Edit : Graph : Title : Text Height
to change the height of the title to 0.2). If you record a macro
when you make the changes to the first drawing, you can simply
replay the macro for subsequent graphs.
- In CoStat, store all the commands in a multi-part analysis.
- For example, File : Load, Statistics : Descriptive,
Statistics : Regression.
You can then rerun the analysis with another data file. Or,
write a macro to do a series of polynomial regressions
(Degree=1, 2, 3, and 4).
- In CoText, automate routine or unusual operations.
- For example, search and replace are fine for
single lines of text. But with a macro,
the "Replace With" text can include multi-line blocks of
text or other commands
(Home, End, Left, Right, Up, Down, Enter).
CoHort Software |